This is a full-time position with the Texas EMS, Trauma & Acute Care Foundation (TETAF), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Austin, Texas. TETAF supports development of the state trauma and emergency health care system by providing verification surveys for trauma, stroke, neonatal intensive care units, and maternal care facilities. TETAF also provides legislative advocacy on these and related issues. In addition, TETAF provides educational opportunities throughout the state that are focused on trauma, EMS, and perinatal care.
Under the direction of TETAF’s perinatal program director, the perinatal operations coordinator will support TETAF’s Texas Perinatal Services division in the further development and maintenance of the perinatal survey service lines, including the neonatal survey service line and the maternal survey service line, with particular focus on neonatal. Working with the perinatal program director and the Survey Scheduling Office, this position includes coordination and scheduling of multiple coinciding survey events; survey guidance with hospitals and survey teams before, during and after survey; surveyor recruitment, credentialing, training and retention; periodic participation and planning of educational events; and perinatal advocacy support to the TETAF Advocacy Division. The perinatal operations coordinator will provide quality assurance for the perinatal survey process through document updates and revisions as defined in the Texas Administrative Code, observations of on-site surveys as indicated, review of surveyor reports and record reviews, and participation in survey quality reviews with the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Registered nurse with current Texas licensure in good standing with The Texas Board of Nursing, BSN required.
- No less than five years of experience in neonatal nursing and/or neonatal program management.
- Previous experience in program development and quality assurance.
- Strong project management skills in a deadline-oriented environment. Must be comfortable tracking and following-up on communications with multiple contacts on one project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to all levels of health care providers including nurses, physicians, and executive leadership.
- Demonstrated group facilitation, collaboration with health care providers, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated individual, self-starter with the ability to adapt to change, exercise initiative and use independent judgment.
- Intermediate or higher-level knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook and its calendar functions, Excel, Word, Power Point, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Good understanding of simple database operations.
- Ability to work remotely as a consultant, facilitator, and colleague with other TETAF/Texas Perinatal Services staff and personnel at all levels of the organization is required.
- Travel is required including site surveys, education events, staff meetings in Austin as requested and additional travel as needed.
- A current Texas driver’s license is required.