Maternal Care Surveys
TPS surveys more maternal hospitals designated in Texas than any other surveying entity with a continued satisfaction rate of 98%.
Maternal Care Survey Services
The TETAF Survey Operations team is central to planning a survey. Our credentialed surveyors have the expertise to understand the needs of your specific hospital. Surveyors include maternal program managers, maternal nurses, obstetricians, and MFMs, who are trained to survey Level II, Level III, and Level IV Texas hospitals.
Hospitals are evaluated for Maternal Care Designation requirements, as defined by Texas Administrative Code §133.201. Services available include consultation surveys, initial designation surveys, and focused surveys.
Texas Perinatal Services Maternal Survey Package
The Maternal Survey Package includes:
- Pre-Survey Questionnaire (PSQ) – The PSQ is a document that begins the first phase of the survey process. It organizes program components for the surveyors. Hospital partners have stated the PSQ initiated them to review their program plans and identified early opportunities for improvement.
- Access to the Texas Perinatal Services survey operations and leadership team – TETAF has provided surveys in Texas since 2008 and its perinatal division, Texas Perinatal Services started in 2016. With years of experience in program development, program management, and the survey process, the Texas Perinatal Services team is always available to support you before, during, and after your hospital’s survey.
- Pre-survey conference to ensure preparation.
- Carefully trained and managed surveyors who completed didactic training, skills labs, observations, and real-time training to become a credentialed Texas Perinatal Services surveyor.
- Consistency in the survey process, including the on-site review, reporting tools, and medical record reviews.
- Open evaluations of our process and surveyors to continuously improve based on your experience.
- Virtual educational opportunities include our monthly forums and access to our Texas Perinatal Services group in Mighty Networks.
- Ongoing advocacy with an expert lobby team to continuously ensure your hospital needs and perinatal care are kept at the forefront in the legislative arena.
Maternal Designation and Focused Survey Fees
Texas Perinatal Services provides maternal survey services for Level II, III, and IV hospitals in Texas with affordable pricing at each level. The price is the same for a designation survey or a focused survey.
|Maternal Care Level of Survey Requested
For more information about our survey services, please email Aaron Rogers, survey operations manager.
Maternal Consultation Survey
Our affordable consultations provide recommendations for improvement and identify potential deficiencies before a designation survey. Fewer contingency surveys are scheduled as a result of the consultations.
Texas Perinatal Services provides consultations to hospitals seeking Level II, Level III, or Level IV maternal designation. The consultation is $6,500 and includes a nurse consultant.
Maternal Survey Request
TPS SURVEY TEAMS
Texas based. Texas experienced.
Built by Texans to strengthen the Texas health care system for all. Our proven survey process is focused on quality assurance that is the driver to identifying best practices.